What do you know about Camels?
Twenty Questions about Camels
- Do camels carry water in humps? What is it for?
- What is a one-humped camel called?
- What is a two-humped camel called?
- Why do they sit and face the sun in hot weather?
- How much weight can they carry?
- How long can they go without water?
- How much can they drink at once?
- Why do camels have large feet?
- What do they eat? How far can they roam a day to get food?
- How can they eat thorny bushes?
- Why do they eat salty plants?
- What is their least favourite food?
- What is their long neck for?
- How do camels cope well in a sandstorm?
- How long can a camel live for?
- What is a young camel called?
- Is a calf born with a hump?
- How do camels help people?
- How many feral camels are there in Australia today. How many were imported?
- Do camels always spit?
You'll find these answers in Taj and the Great Camel Trek and in Janeen Brian's excellent book about camels, Hoosh.